WAPDA’s responsibilities, operations, and assets in Islamabad were distributed through the Islamabad Electric Supply Company Limited (IESCO) in 1998. Amjad Khan, the CEO of IESCO, has more power than the PAEC and WAPDA administrations combined. IESCO sells, distributes, and supplies energy from Attock to Jhelum as a 100% Pakistani corporation. It directly benefits 3 million customers, as well as the lives of the 25 million or more individuals who live in the vicinity of its service areas. To apply for a new IESCO connection in Islamabad through the internet, follow the steps outlined below.
If visiting the IESCO office in person to apply for a new power connection is problematic for you, you can use their online services.
Documents Required for a New Connection
- The applicant’s name is
- Adresse Permanente
- Adresse postale
- Number to Call
- Load Minimum
- Type of connection
- Details about your neighbours
- A transfer letter or the place’s registration might serve as proof of ownership of your home or business.
- The applicant must show documentation that their home or business does not have an existing power connection and that there are no outstanding bills. The applicant must pay any past-due payments first.
- If the properties are owned by more than one person, all of the owners must first give the power of attorney to the applicant. Each owner’s power of attorney must also be provided by the application.
- A copy of the applicant’s attested CNIC
- Two witness ID Card copies are necessary if the application is for more than a single-phase metre. The applicant and both witnesses must be given a copy of the tariff. If the connection is domestic or business, two witnesses are not necessary to sign.
- If the applicant is a renter, the property owner must produce a letter of authorization.
In Islamabad, you can apply for a new electricity connection.
- Select “Apply New Connection” from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out the form completely.
- Fill out the online form.
- Obtain a copy of the application form by printing it.
- Attach the form to all of the above-mentioned documents.
- It should be sent to the appropriate IESCO office.
- You will receive a Demand Notice once your documents have been confirmed.
- The Demand Notice must be paid to the authorised bank.
- Make a copy of the Demand Notice that has been paid.
- Send a copy to the appropriate office.
- A new connection will be established after your Demand Payment Notice has been authenticated.
Islamabad’s New Electricity Connection Fees
1. Fixed Cost Single Phase Meter
- Up to and including 40 metres of service line – Rs.4000
- Service line lengths greater than 40 metres and up to and including 100 metres (with one span LT with Ant Conductor and one Pole) – Rs.4000 + 200 per metre above 40 metres
- Over 100 metres of service line, up to and including 160 metres (with two span LT with Ant Conductor and two Poles) – Rs.16000 + 250 each metre over 100 metres
2. Fixed Cost Three-Phase Meter
- Up to and including 40 metres of service line – Rs.15000
- Service line lengths greater than 40 metres and up to and including 100 metres (with one span LT with Ant Conductor and one Pole) – Rs.15000 + 260 per metre above 40 metres
- Over 100 metres of service line, up to and including 160 metres (with two span LT with Ant Conductor and two Poles) – Rs.30600 + 300 each metre over 100 metres
- Above 160 metres, up to and including 280 metres, service line length – Rs.48600 + 340 per metre above 160 metres.